The FUB library is an integral part of the Biblioteca del Campus Universitari de Manresa (BCUM), located in an adjacent building. It is a renovated space, beautifully maintained, with extensive reference and reading material and bibliographic resources. The BCUM, which opened in April 2005, spreads over 1200 m2 of modern facilities and offers the following student services:
• Reading room with 240 user stations, some of them fitted with special equipment for working with a selection of document typologies and formats.
• Book lending service (standard and interlibrary loans)
• Document retrieval service
• Laptop lending service
• Room for group work
• Access to databases and Internet; Wi-Fi connection
• Learning tutorials
• Virtual Language Lab
• Specialized information services
• Library user training courses
IT rooms and study areas
To accommodate the needs of its students, the FUB has a variety of spacious areas conducive to study:
- An IT room located on the first floor and equipped with 33 laptops, Internet connection, projector and screen.
- 2 study areas on the ground floor with tables designed for individual study or group work, equipped with 21 computer stations connected to printing facilities as well as electrical sockets for students to work with their own laptops and electronic devices.
There is Wi-Fi connection throughout the FUB main building.
Located on the ground floor, the CISGRA reprographic service provides students with a range of services, such as B&W and colour photocopying, digital reproductions, binding of assignments and print finishing services. It also sells designated study materials and a wide assortment of stationary products.
The café on the ground floor opens from 8.00 to 21.00 h on weekdays and it is a meeting place for students, academic and administrative staff. It offers hot and cold drinks, sandwiches, pastries and snacks. At lunchtime it features a salad bar and serves a selection of hot dishes based on popular Mediterranean cuisine.